Danny Baumann wrote:
Beryl has this mask called PAINT_WINDOW_DECORATION_MASK that the
decoration plugin sets when it's drawing the decorator windows. It
lets you apply an effect to a window that doesn't affect the
decorations. Does this sound like something that would be useful in
compiz?
OK - I found it in the end :)

!(mask & PAINT_WINDOW_DECORATION_MASK)

is replaced with

(texture->name == w->texture->name)

This is interesting and makes sense. However, I think David's proposal
here:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2006-October/000688.html

would be needed to reflect the needs of all plugins.

Yes, I think comparing the names is a workaround which works
for the moment.

I didn't try with group though since it doesn't work with compiz just yet.