On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 13:02 +0200, dragoran wrote:
> Sam Spilsbury wrote:
> > How are you launching compiz? If you are using GConf, then you need to
> > launch compiz like this from now on : $ENVIRONMENT_ARGS compiz
> > --replace --sm-disable --indirect-rendering glib gconf&
> >
> If I start it using this command it works. but when I let gnome-session
> start it it doesn't.
> but this looks wrong anywhy...
> when a plugin depends on some other plugin compiz core should load the
> plugin for it and not rely on the user to do it.

In a sane system, the user isn't launching compiz manually and launching
compiz with "glib gconf" arguments doesn't look more wrong to me than
launching it with just the "gconf" argument.

Plugin order is just a metadata detail that the core shouldn't be aware
of. I don't see any good reason for changing that.

-David