On 6/18/10, Jay Catherwood <jay.catherw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are a couple of problems with Snapping Windows that I tried to fix:
>
> (1) The snap to windows checkbox in ccsm has no effect because Snap treats
> any window with struts as an edge, and all windows have struts. I think it
> should be a test for dock windows.

Didn't apply this one. w->struts () should return NULL if there are no
struts. If all windows have struts then this is a bug in core (also,
according to NETWM, snapping should only happen to struts or windows).
I will be away for the next few days, but if you feel like debugging,
the function which sets whether a window has struts is
CompWindow::updateStruts in window.cpp

> (2) Windows don't snap to the left edge because it has been erased. The
> right edge doesn't seem to get erased because it is slightly offscreen, so I
> did the same thing with the left. I don't know if that is exactly the right
> solution, but at least it works.

Applied,

Thanks.

P.S: Come on to #compiz-dev on irc.freenode.net if you ever want to
speak to Danny or I about bugs or anything :)

--
Sam Spilsbury