Hello everyone,

what I am trying to achieve seems rather simple. I would like to
enumerate all open windows with respect to their current workspace. The
problem seems to be that Compiz does not differentiate between
workspaces as other (EWMH compliant?) window managers do. I'm not even
sure whether this is a bug or a design decision. Let me explain this
with an example:

Running Compiz gives me this:
$ wmctrl -l
0x02a00001  0         N/A N/A
0x02a00002  0         N/A launcher
0x01a00005  0 max-station Kontaktliste
[...]

But I think it should rather be like this:
$ wmctrl -l
0x02a00001  0         N/A N/A
0x02a00002  0         N/A launcher
0x01a00005  1 max-station Kontaktliste
[...]

So. Is there any way to achieve this? I need this to get a Python tiling
script working. Without the differentiation between workspaces all
windows will be tiled when using something similar to PyTyle, stiler,
etc.

I'm currently running Compiz 0.9.4.0 (unmodified) on Ubuntu 11.04 with
Unity.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Max Liebkies