** Description changed:
- Further fix, and recommendation:
- With current settings, Galculator creates an unsightly additive (intensity
increases while mouse hovers over panel) thumbnail artefact, which remains
after thumbnail preview closes (screen capture link below).
+ With current settings, Galculator creates an unsightly additive thumbnail
artefact which remains after thumbnail preview closes (screen capture link).
- There's two ways to fix this.
- # Method 1:
+ # Fix
- active-shadow-x-offset 6
+ + active-shadow-x-offset 2
- active-shadow-y-offset 6
+ + active-shadow-y-offset 2
- inactive-shadow-x-offset 6
+ + inactive-shadow-x-offset 2
- inactive-shadow-y-offset 6
- + active-shadow-x-offset 2
- + active-shadow-y-offset 2
- + inactive-shadow-x-offset 2
+ inactive-shadow-y-offset 2
- # This method benefits all Compiz windows as shadows become more
- proportionally balanced, current setting creates larger offset shadows
- with seemingly no shadow visible top + left.
+ # This fix also benefits all Compiz windows, as shadows become more
+ proportionally balanced.
+ # Recommendation
+ With current settings, thumbnails occupy almost half the screen vertically on
a Netbook (1024x600 resolution).
+ # Fix
+ - thumb-size 280
+ + thumb-size 256
+ Edit: Improved readability of above text, please ignore "# Method 2"
+ mentioned below. Thanks!
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.
Compiz ‘Thumbnail Window Previews’ artefacts (further fix +)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~compiz
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~compiz
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp