I think it's all in the presentation.   Even if they are not even
beginners,  with skill you can help them appreciate how some basic
concepts are difficult for a computer.

For instance, I think that you can teach the principle of 2 eyes with a
very simple example perhaps involving just 1 point eyes.   Then move to
showing them that if the eyes are bigger, it starts getting ambiguous
very quickly - and at some point it starts taking a relatively advanced
player to discern when a bigger space is equivalent to an eye.

You start just by showing them a group with 1 single point eye and how
it gets captured.  They you progress:  what if there is another eye?
etc.

- Don