Hello,

I recently added a feature to MoGo that allows it to "accept a pass" (I mean
pass after the opponent pass) even far from the end of the game. It is to be
gentler against human (not fill every intersection :)). So now there is a non
trivial dead string analysis.
Looking at the games against humans, I saw that sometimes the human does not
accept the dead strings MoGo proposes and then allow a score to the game
which is not the real score. I have undersood that if the 2 opponents do not
agree on the dead string, then "kgs-genmove_cleanup" was called until the
end, and after all strings will be counted as alive.
So is it a MoGo bug, or the human has the right to choose the dead strings as
he want ? And is this different in ranked game, and tournaments ? I know
there were some problems in past KGS tournaments with the dead strings
command, but I think now it is solved.

Thank you for any answer.

Sylvain