> Mogo would also have a memory problem.   The UCT programs build trees in
> memory.  My own  program cannot think more than a few minutes without
> running out of memory - so even the experiment you propose cannot be
> done.
Yes you are right. For MoGo it is even worst. As all the games we have to
play
in are short games, we did not at all "optimize" the memory use, and in
fact
MoGo a lot more memory than necessary. I am not totally sure, but I think
even 1 minute/move is already too much :). Of course, we can be more
carefull
with memory usage, but for the moment it is not the higher priority.

How long would it take Mogo to fill up 16GB of memory on a quad core opteron
machine?

regards,
-John