Ok,

Well I'm inclined to go with the majority which seems to have turned
around
from the last time I polled.

Now the question:  How to set it up?

Here are the options:

  1.  Use GTP handicap commands to set up game.

  2.  Send the appropriate pass commands to get the initial setup
      to accommodate programs that have not implemented handicap.

  3.  Do both - send handicap to programs that can handle it, otherwise
      guide them through it by sending play commands with passes.

In any case, I would make the game records (SGF) look correct, doing
whatever
that takes.

- Don