----- Original Message ----- From: "alain Baeckeroot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "computer-go" <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [computer-go] Strongest 9x9 programm?

Having various opponents is the best way for improvement.

Yes, I fully agree.

I believe Sluggo is an extreme example of this, it is by design especially
strong against GNU  http://files.gokgs.com/games/2006/12/20/GNU-slugGo.sgf
but it is not clear that it is stronger against other opponents:

Yes, a well known effect. Very similar to Gnu-Go, but slightly stronger. This has a big impact.

But GNU seems significantly stronger than Mogo19 (rated 2k higher on kgs)
http://files.gokgs.com/games/2006/12/18/MoGoBot19-GNU.sgf

For 19x19 Gnu-Go is also no good sparring partner for Suzie. Its too strong. The ideal sparring partner is slightly stronger. I think that any kind of search works quite well on 9x9. Search works too at 19x19, but the hardware is at the moment not fast enough. The INTEL engineers have to work a little bit harder for 19x19.

Ok, crazystone 9X9 is available for download at Remi's page, but i see no
l>icense, so i suppose using it for testing is ok.

Thanks for the information.

Chrilly