On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 09:03 +0100, Edward de Grijs wrote:
> I do not want to start the rules/scoring discussion again, but I want
> to know if the kgs-genmove_cleanup command which results in
> playing inside your own territory, can be used with Japanese
> rules/scoring. It seems to me that this command can only be used
> be chinese scoring...
> If this is true, how it is possible to construct a computer only
> tournament with Japanese rules/scoring, without human
> intervention?

It's probably not possible to do it and always be correct, but
it is possible to agree on some resolution protocol that will
be correct a higher percentage of the time.    My understanding
is that Japanese has some ambiguous cases that although rare
can be difficult even for humans.

Any commercial program will want Japanese rules/scoring since this
is how many players were taught.