From: Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: computer-go@computer-go.org
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 2:28:21 PM
Subject: Re: [computer-go] early results

On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 11:40 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>      Handicap stones.

Yes,  I may try to construct another study after this to work with
handicap stones and a program such as gnugo as a fixed target.

I'm not quite sure how to structure this study - perhaps for each
Lazarus level I would continue to add a stone when Lazarus loses,
subtract a stone when Lazarus wins, pick some fixed number of games to
play and average the number of handicap stones used to play the matches
using this system.   It might go something like this:

   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 6, 7, 6, 5, 6, etc.  assuming Lazarus needs
   around 6 or 7 stones.