Hi Sylvain,

In the MoGo report paper, you make this statement:

   "We also privilege the moves eating some stones."

This refers to a version of MoGo that doesn't have the
pattern knowledge and you call it the "pure random mode."

My program does this too but in a probabilistic way.  I'm
curious about how you did that in Mogo.   Did you always
play a capture when one was available for instance?   Were
you selective about which captures to play?

- Don

P.S.

Here is more context from your paper:

In our pure random mode, legal moves are played on the Go board
uniformly randomly, with few rules preventing the program from filling
its own eyes. This is probably like what the other Monte-Carlo
programs use. We also privilege the moves eating some stones. On CGOS
the bot named MoGo using exactly this mode has achieved rank 1647.