On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 12:21:08PM -0500, Don Dailey wrote:
> CGOS uses simple rules,  you MUST play out a game to the end,  anything
> left on the board is considered ALIVE.

Fair enough. At least I don't have to worry about annoying other
p,layers by doing what already was the easiest thing for me to do.

> However, many bots have implemented RESIGNATION.    My program Lazarus
> will resign when it is quite sure the game is hopeless.

Yes, I think I will implement that too, pretty soon. One of the many
"small" details I will have to look into...

Still not quite sure what I am trying to achieve with all of this. I
have this MC idea, which I want to test. After that, I could want to
spend time improving my MC player to see how far I can get with pure MC,
or I might try some variant of UCT or other tree search with MC
evaluation... Most of all, I seem to need something more complex to
balance the boring scripting I do for work...

-H

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk