heavy playouts should yeild a lower number of moves because moves are
slightly more efficient bringing the end of the game sooner.  I'm actually
surprised it isn't a larger difference.

On 3/18/07, Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 22:33 -0400, John Tromp wrote:
> I've seen the number 107.3... reported earlier
> for the average length, without the 2 final passes.
> Is this allowing multi stone suicides or not?
> And what's the outcome in the other case?
> Thanks!

This does not allow multi-stone suicide.   I don't
know the number in the other case.

I just checked Lazarus again and it's getting
about 104.63 moves per random game from the
opening.    There are some minor implementation
differences such as how suicide is handled,
the exact eye rule used, etc.

The heavy play-out version of Lazarus gets
almost the same number, but it's consistently
about 1/10 of move lower for some reason.

Are you trying to make a Monte Carlo program?

- Don