Thanks, although if you're referring to
  Modification of UCT with Patterns in Monte Carlo Go [Section 3.3]
  http://hal.inria.fr/docs/00/12/15/16/PDF/RR-6062.pdf
I was aware of it already... the way I understood is was that
in some fixed(?) amount of simulations moves were restricted
to the local area and the rest of the simulations were done as
usually while _the objective was all the time winning the game_.

What I'm am curious about is if Monte Carlo Go/UCT has been
used for solving life and death/capturing/connection problems,
in which the objective is to determine whether the proposed
problem has a solution or not?

-Esa