My student - Filip Gruszczynski, made extensive testing of alternative
formulas for UCT.
Over 30 000 games; ~10 different algorithms with various constants
(including BAST).

http://students.mimuw.edu.pl/~fg219435/Go/

From the article:
"It seems, that the more simple approach we take, the better. EGO_SQRT
seems to be the best when compared with other ego programs, though
EGO_BAST seems to be a bit more effective against GnuGo - possibly
with better constants it could win even more."

--

Taking the opportunity, I also would like to announce that development
of libego will be stopped at least for 4 months (I'm on 3 month

Best Regards,
Lukasz Lew