From: Sylvain Gelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: computer-go <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Sent: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 4:03 am
Subject: Re: [computer-go] Update of MoGo binary release, and windows version
available!

Hi Dave and thanks,

>  Drago works well for Gnugo and also for my program. Mogo starts but then
> exits prematurely with a message from Drago "abnormal termination of
> engine".
:-(

>       One thing, when I run it from the command line, it spits out a lot of
> non-gtp format diagnostic information even with the setting "--dontDisplay
> 1". That would upset some clients, including probably Drago, although I'd
> expect different symptoms if that were the only problem.

Normally not, the diagnostic information are sent to stderr, and
should not be a problem. So shall I understand MoGo at least works for
you on command line?

>  I put an extra copy of cygwin1.dll in the "WINDOWS\system32" directory, so
> mogo can find it from anywhere and I used "--9 --time 12
> --useOpeningDatabase 0 --dontDisplay 1". That got it connected to Drago and
> actually set up a game.
You mean that with the .dll in WINDOWS\system32 that goes further? I
thought that the .dll in the same directory as the .exe was enough.

> But it terminates as soon as it gets a genmove
> comand.
:-(
With no error message?

> It creates a logfile in the directory where it is supposed to be
> running. There is one line that says
>  "MoGo GTP log file."
Lol. That means it did not get very far :)

>  My best guess, right now, is that the non-gtp diagnostic messages are
> causing trouble. I'll look at it some more when I have time.
Sorry for the trouble.
I'll look at it as soon as I find some time, ie I don't know when :).

Sorry again for the trouble :-/
Sylvain