Chris Fant a écrit :
Does this mean that you need to calculate the Bradley-Terry
probability for every legal move before selecting one on that
probability?  Isn't that expensive?  Have you tried selecting only N
legal candidates at random and then selecting one of those based on
their Bradley-Terry probability distribution to save time?
I only keep light-weight local features in the random simulations. So, it is not expensive. A table of move urgencies can be updated incrementally after each move: only a few change. In fact, my program became faster when I introduced 3x3 patterns for the random simulations. I can pre-compute a lot of information indexed by pattern shape, that are useful to detect eyes and move legality. From memory, Crazy Stone does about 5k playouts / second from the empty position on 19x19, on one 3 GHz CPU, which is "only" about 5 times slower than libego, if I remember correctly.

Rémi