Dear all,

As most of you know, Gifu Challenge was canceled for this year.
Instead, there will be a computer go competition held
by the Cognitive Science and Entertainment (E&C) Research Station of
the University of Electro-communications.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide prize money for this competition.

As with Gifu Challenge, some number of deputy operators
will be available, so you can attend the competition even if you
cannot come to Tokyo. As we might not be able to provide
operators as much as the Gifu Challenge, please contact us early
if you require a deputy operator.

The announcement follows:
----
Cognitive Science and Entertainment (E&C) Research Station of
the University of Electro-communications,  are organizing the first
Computer Go UEC Cup during December 1-2, 2007 at the east campus
of the University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo.
Computer Go Forum is the co-organizer.

This competition, being planned as a successor of Gifu Challenge,
is open to anyone in any country. The aim of the competition is, by
serving  as a place of technical exchange of international computer
Go research, to activate research of computer Go.
With this purpose, the winning prize is not money, but a trophy.

Important Dates:
 Entry submission deadline: October 31, 2007
 Championship: December 1-2, 2007

The website of the UEC Cup is as follows:
http://jsb.cs.uec.ac.jp/~igo/eng/

You can register from the form provided on the website:
http://jsb.cs.uec.ac.jp/~igo/eng/mailform.html

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us from
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----