Bob Myers wrote:

Many of those complaining about XML don't seem to really know too much about it.

That is exactly my point. I don't know and I don't want to know!

SGF is fine. It has been stable for years because there is no problem at all.
Should we find a problem, there is a straightforward solution: a new SGF
version.

At the end, either creating your own XML parser (by experience, the best option) or entering the nightmare of depending on someone else's library, bugs, updates, limitations, etc. costs A LOT OF TIME.

For what?

For nothing. Again, sgf works fine. Nothing would be as stupid as having go
games
split in 2 incompatible formats. Two formats for the same thing is just a tax on go development: Its not enough with one effort for making your program compatible
you have to do it twice. Who wins anything with that? I can't guess.

Jacques.