There is a lot of talk about time controls, and would like to add my input.
I agree we should have longer time controls.  I'm in the very early
stages of my Go engine. With my current time line I dont anticipate
having a running engine for at least a year. My design is a good bit
different than the engines I've seen.

Guess my question is, how resource intensive is the server code? Could
we split it?
Have the server running on one port for 10min blitz, and another port
with 30+minute games? My only concern is fragmenting the amount of
players. Not sure how many active people play, but if it's little it
might make the pool to small.

What are all of your thoughts?
-Josh