On 11/12/07, Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok,  on 2x2 I get a consistent result now that I implemented PSK.   It
> gives the same result with SSK too.  It's a 1 point win for the first
> player.     I'm not sure this is in agreement with other peoples
> findings.   But it appears to be consistent.    I can work my way

Yes, this is consistent with my programs at
  http://www.cwi.nl/~tromp/java/go/twoxtwo.html

> through the game and it always returns the same score if I make the
> move(s) the search believes is best.
>
> After black plays the first move,  white's best response is to move to
> the opposite corner.    Otherwise it's a 4 point win for black.

> Here are the parameters I use:
>    1.  positional superko unless otherwise stated.
>    2.  evaluation function:   Each stone is alive - an empty point
> belongs to a player if only his stones touch it.
>    3.  game over after 2 passes.
>    4.  suicide illegal.

Suicide is particularly useless on 2x2 :-)

> 3x3 gives a black win by 9 points (the whole board.)
> If black plays first move on the edge (a2 for instance)  then he wins by
> 3 points instead of 9.

The only subtlety is that after white B2, black must "clamp" at c2,
since the hane moves at b1/b3 only win by 2.

> If black plays first move on corner,  white wins by 9 points.
> Does anyone have any data to check these "facts" ??

matches manual analysis and previous computer search.

> It may try this with 4x4 after doing something to improve the move ordering.

That should come out as B+2.

regards,
-John