AFAIK, CMUCL is the fastest free lisp available. But I would rather
stick with its offspring, SBCL, which might be a bit slower, but it is
being worked on actively, it is quite portable
(http://sbcl.sourceforge.net/platform-table.html) and it supports
native threads (CMUCL just has green threads). Of course it's not easy
to compare speed of different languages, but e.g.
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=all
might give you an idea (oh shame, Java seems faster there).

Cheers,
Ben