Thought I'd emphasize this point:

Don Dailey:
> I spend a great deal of time waiting on the computer,  because I have no clue
> what will work and I must test it.

This makes Go programming somewhat unusual; for a lot of programs, you
can arrange so that compiling and running your tests only takes a few
seconds.  But if waiting for test results takes hours or days, the
highest-performance language is also the the most productive one to
develop in, because you can do more iterations in any given amount of
time.

However, perhaps there are ways to make testing a Go program use less
clock time?  Could testing on smaller problems give results similar to
testing on larger ones?  Or suppose tests could be run in parallel on
something like Amazon EC2?

- Brian