On Nov 13, 2007 2:44 PM, Jason House <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 13, 2007 3:32 PM, John Tromp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > Is there any known way to get the best of the both worlds? :-)
> >
> > Yes, you can generalize pseudoliberties by extending them
> > with another field, such that if the (summed) pseudoliberty field
> > is between 1 and 4, then the other (summed) field will tell you if all
> > these
> > are coming from a single true liberty.
>

> Can you elaborate on this?
>
> I'm a bit late on this, and I'm not sure if this hasn't been suggested
yet. But, instead of these complicated codes, you could store in the extra
field both the AND and the OR of all pseudoliberties. Then if they are
equal, you have one real liberty.

Example:
Pseudoliberties at  27, 17, and 9 (binary 11011, 10001, and 01001),
AND=00001 and OR=11011. AND != OR so there's more than one pseudoliberty.