Thanks for the file! This should be very helpful when I try to reproduce
results.

It looks like you are not taking advantage of symmetries. For instance,

88|0|17.033168
88|1|12.263955

and

164|0|17.388714
164|1|25.862695

Are identical except for swapping the roles of white and black (88 == 1120
in base 4, 164 == 2210 in base 4), and therefore they should have the same
scores. If you do take symmetries of this type into consideration, you'll
reduce the number of gamma values you have to compute by a factor of almost
16 (8 symmetries in the D4 group, times 2 colors). This should result in
faster learning and better estimates.

Álvaro.