Nick Wedd wrote:

In one of the British Championship Match games, a bit over ten years ago, Zhang Shutai made an illegal ko move against Matthew Macfadyen, and immediately conceded that he had lost the game.

Is the game record available? I am interested because I have only found 2
situations in real games:

a. Triple ko
b. Double ko when the group sharing the kos has nothing better than life in
seki.

Both have cycles smaller than 8 ply and my software doesn't check longer cycles.

I guess any human player would recognize these situations. So if a strong player
didn't it must be something more complicated.

Jacques.