On Jan 2, 2008 4:18 PM, Jason House <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've also considered the exact opposite strategy...  When losing a game, aim
> to stress the opponent's time management (since it's the highest probability
> of victory).  That would include underhanded tricks like filling my own
> eyes.  I probably won't implement that, but it was an interesting thought.

Why not? If you bots logically applies CGOS rules it should only pass
in a losing position if it has absolutely no other legal move. Any
other way your bot will be playing sub-optimal ;-)

BTW filling an eye is not necessarily a bad move. It can, e.g., be
optimal in capturing races, and under superko it can be the tesuji
even when it sacrifices an unconditionally alive group.

E.