Hi Don

The client does not sent time_left unless time_settings is also
implemented.    So your engine must also implement time_settings which
is needed to inform your program of the level it will be playing at.

I do implement time_settings. The server only sends a list_commands at the
beginning and sends no time_settings either. What you can see in the logs is all I get, except the first list_commands. That is called only once, when
the tcl interpreter loads the gtp end. I do not implement any KGS
specific extensions, no undo, no handicap, no debugging functions (the gui already has debugging utilities). Is any of that required?

Jacques.

This is my complete list of commands:

list_commands
= BLACK