From: David Fotland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 'computer-go' <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Sent: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 2:23 pm
Subject: RE: [computer-go] How to get more participation in 19x19 CGOS?

I expect the faster time control will make my program look worse.  It will
certainly do worse vs Gnugo with less time.  I expect it will also do worse
against crazystone, since the crazystone version currently running is much
faster than the time control, so it won't change strength at all.

The problem with the current time limits is that it takes forever to get a
stable rank, so people don't leave their programs on long enough.

David