I see now what people mean with regards to the starting of rounds. Most bots are idle most of the time while a few slow ones slug it out.

The way it's currently configured was probably the simplest way to do it and get reasonably uniform results. Otherwise you may end up with fast bots playing lots of games against each other and skew their ratings.

Still, maybe it could be done so that when there are only one or two games going still that are far from finished (say less than 150-200 moves played) then a new round gets started. The bots in the slow game (s) skip a round. This way you would still get reasonable pairings and have more bots active all the time.

Just a suggestion of course, I'm sure some thought has been given on the issue already.

Mark