On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Álvaro Begué wrote:
Of course the value of A is the interesting number here. If they are using
anything like the common UCT exploration/exploitation formula, I think we
will see a roof fairly soon. In my own experiments at long time controls,
the program would spend entirely too much time exploiting the main line and
will have a very hard time finding anything new.

There is also the danger of the "self-test" effect at the higher
levels. FatMan and GnuGo are no longer available beyound 2500 Elo.

Christoph