Yes, I would like to see the references. I also wonder how similar
the statistical estimators are to each other. Do they represent
data and estimates in the same way?

We are trying to move towards a design that mixes intrinsically
different kinds of engines. Neural Networks, UCT/MC, Gnu Go,
tile/pattern matching systems, etc., can all have very different
ways of representing why a particular choice is the highest
valued and what the distance is between the lower valued choices.

Cheers,
David