> Whether human or computer, if one's opponent is in
> time trouble, play on. I have won more than one game
> in this manner, and it's just as good a win as any
> other; both of us knew the time constraints.

I completely agree with that, but some view this as bad manners.    I
take it a step farther and take even more time, if I have plenty of time
to spare.    This can produce adrenaline wash-out for the opponent who
is sweating it out.    Keep him on the hook for a long time!

The rules are designed to cover those situations - that's why they have
rules and you should be allowed to play inside the rules any way you see
fit.     Have you ever had an opponent pressure you to resign with heavy
sighs,  grunts and eye-rolling?    I am way more likely to resign
against a cool calm opponent than one of these kind, because I know this
opponent is already in a state where he probably won't be thinking
objectively.

- Don