On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 08:04:37AM -0500, Thomas Wolf wrote:
> I assume that when you change komi dynamically, all that was learned
> by MC so far under the different komi value is useless/wrong.

But what are actually your reuse rates? With the standard UCB1 formula,
I find reusing branches from earlier trees give relatively insignificant
number of extra playouts, at least with p=0.2 (I find that using lower p
values leads to very deep UCT trees, but the choice of moves being read
out is _very_ noisy). Maybe this is much better with RAVE or such?

--
                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.