On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:25:15PM -0400, Don Dailey wrote:
> Gian-Carlo provided a light version of Leela,  and we are extending the
> scalability study in order to answer the question, "Do light play-outs
> scale similarly to heavy play-outs?"     In other words, can we expect
> to see a parallel line on the graph?
>
>     http://cgos.boardspace.net/study/13/index.html

Interesting.

By now the corner of Mogo's curve around 4/1600 must be pretty well
established. It looks like Leela has a slight corner around 6/1800. I still
stand by my suspicion that this point happens near the playing strength of
the raw playouts. So I predict that a Leela with very weak playouts will show
a slight turn of the curve somewhat lower, possibly around 1200-1300 elo.

Would be fun to know how well these programs do with just MC playouts,
without any tree search. With some decent large number of playouts...

-H

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk