Ian Osgood wrote:

By contrast, the ICGA Go events never get top candidate program participation, and before this year have had smaller turnouts than the chess event. Since the expiration of the Ing Prize, the last event of any kind which had such participation was the 2003 Gifu Challenge (KCC Igo, Haruka, Go++, Goemate, Many Faces, GNU Go, Go Intellect, Aya, Katsunari). The size of this year's event is encouraging, but where are Go++, Haruka, HandTalk, and GNU Go? And what ever happened to Wulu and GoAhead?

This depends on what you consider "top candidate program". I see no reason why your list "Go++, Haruka, HandTalk, and GNU Go" should be accurate, and I strongly suspect anyone who has a change of winning the world, err, olympiad title is already registered.

--
GCP