-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:computer-go-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick Wedd
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 3:49 AM
To: computer-go
Subject: [computer-go] July KGS bot tournament: full boards, slow

Registration is now open for this Sunday's bot tournament on KGS. Both
divisions will be 5-round Swiss using 19x19 boards, 43 minutes each
sudden death.  The Formal division will start at 15:00 UTC (=GMT), and
the Open division five minutes later.  They will end seven and a half
hours later.

Registration is as described at
http://www.weddslist.com/kgs/how/index.html
I shall be away from home from later today until Thursday, so I may be
unable to acknowledge your registration until I return on Thursday
evening.

When you register you should tell me the processor power (number of
processors, processor speed, and any other significant details) of the
platform that it will be running on.  This is so that the processor
power can be stated on my report of the event, making comparisons
between programs more meaningful for anyone reading the report.  I have
limited understanding of this information, and am likely to publish it
as given, see for example the final section of
http://www.weddslist.com/kgs/past/39/index.html

The tournaments themselves are on the KGS site at
http://www.gokgs.com/tournInfo.jsp?id=397 and
http://www.gokgs.com/tournInfo.jsp?id=398.
These pages may give the times of the rounds in your local timezone,
depending on your browser and its settings.

Nick
--
Nick Wedd    [EMAIL PROTECTED]