I tracked down a rare hang/crash in my bot and I'm curious how others handle this.

I use simple ko state as part of my hash lookup, but I don't use super ko. I can't store the whole graph history because then there would be no transpositions at all. I can't really update legal moves to exclude super ko because the super ko legality changes based on how a node is reached.

In particular, a deterministic algorithm like UCT can get caught in an infinite loop. My random playouts may take a bit longer from super ko, but it gets quickly resolved.

Sent from my iPhone