Álvaro Begué wrote:
On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 3:40 AM, Rémi Coulom
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Rybka 3 has Monte-Carlo evaluation: http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4772

If I understand the release note correctly, Monte Carlo Analysis is something like a feature of the GUI for analyzing a position and giving statistics back to the user, not part of the evaluation function used in the search.

Correct. They play a lot of very fast games from a position and look at the winning rate.

It is similar to basic Monte Carlo eval in go, which implies that it also inherits its weaknesses. Now if they would add UCT... :)

I am sure it is not used in the actual playing engine.

--
GCP