Rémi Coulom wrote:
> Don Dailey wrote:
>> I was curious about that too,  who is rz-74?   The name is perhaps a
>> clue.  Is it at version 74?    I haven't been watching the games, but
>> are you saying it behaves like a Monte Carlo program?
>>
>> - Don
>>

> After watching more games, I am less impressed by its strength. It is
> definitely a Monte-Carlo program (constant thinking time per move, weird
> moves in the opening, hopeless tricks when losing). Maybe Monte GNU,
> after all.

I'm flattered by the guess that MonteGNU would be playing strongish at
19x19 but so far I'm happy if it manages to even place the stones on
the intersections and not somewhere between. Oh well, maybe it can do
a little better than that but compared to the strong programs it feels
that much behind.

/Gunnar