>From all we know so far it is most likely that perfect komi is 7.0.

Even numbers lik 6.0 and 8.0 are unlikely because they always require
a seki with an odd number of shared liberties (in all optimal lines!).

Since IMO the first player should have a chance to win it seems
natural to set the komi 0.5 points *below* the perfect komi, which
leads to 6.5.

Further, I have a suspicion that 6.5 komi allows more diverse opening
lines, which makes the game more interesting.

Erik