On Dec 1, 2008, at 3:38 AM, Denis fidaali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I think it's now well known that Mogo doesn't use UCT.
I realize that i have no idea at all what Mogo do use for
it's MCTS.

There are only two things i dislike about UCT :
- It's slow to compute.
- It's deterministic

I really wonder if there was an article describing
the new MCTS of mogo somewhere that i missed.
How is it better than UCT ?

My understanding is that MoGo dropped the upper confidence bound portion. That makes it a bit faster, but still deterministic for a given set of playout results.

Heuristics and RAVE give a sufficiently good move ordering that less exploration is needed. IIRC, Valkyra still uses UCT, but has a very low coefficent on the upper confidence bound term.

Qui vous permet d'enregistrer la TV sur votre PC et lire vos emails sur votre mobile ? la réponse en vidéo la réponse en vidéo