Hi;

What is sure is that MoGo is available. We can also let the opportunity
to other programs which have had less opportunities of games against pro.

We have only small progresses in 19x19. From what I saw in previous
games, I guess many programs have nearly the same limit and
nearly the same architecture: patterns in the tree and monte-carlo tree
search are necessary for good performance, sequence-like Monte-Carlo is also
mandatory. I guess (but I'm not sure) that Rave is not absolutely required.
As
programs improve, my humble opinion is that computational power becomes less
and less efficient as now the main trouble is the systematic bias for some
positions
(semeais or too complicated life-and-death situations) - parallelization is
not required.

In 19x19, the best performance so far was a win against a pro with handicap
6,
or against a top pro (9P Zhou Junxun) with handicap 7 - this is a bad
piece of news for 19x19 games, as I guess it will be really very difficult
to do
better than that.
I prefer 9x9 games for that, as I guess it's possible to do
better than previous best results so far (in particular computers might
win in complete games), but I know that Kim is not interested in 9x9.

Best regards,
Olivier