Fuego has no trouble with the mercy rule here - I guess our threshold is high enough. However, it has no clue about how to play out the nakade shape. So it starts out with 57% wins for White, and it needs maybe 30K simulations until the search pushes it below 50%. Then the score keeps dropping continually. It is actually a nice example of how search can fix bad playouts in Fuego.

Fuego has an effective rule for "stretched" nakade shapes, such as 3 in a row, T or +. It simply moves the single-stone selfataries to the adjacent point. However, it cannot handle the bulky shapes such as in Brian's example - it just plays the first move randomly, then usually a Mogo-style pattern matches, which makes it likely that two eyes will be created. How do others handle such cases in the playouts?

        Martin