Same number of playouts? What are your pattern weights? Do they apply around the last move played or for all board areas?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 12, 2009, at 7:18 PM, Isaac Deutsch <i...@gmx.ch> wrote:

I now have playouts based on 3x3 pattern weights.

When I tested it on CGOS it seemed to be weaker than my old engine which used light playouts only. I used a comparable setup, and the elo difference is about 100 after more than 150 games.

I can also seem some weird RAVE value patterns (not 1-1 points are the worst, but the 2-1/2-2 points), but they are symmetrical so I doubt it's a bug.

Is this a known phenomenon and are 3x3 patterns only strong in combination with more knowledge, or should I start debugging? Or is it possibly an effect caused by the rating of the cgos bots not being the same as when I first tested?

regards,
ibd