Darren,

these articles are still somewhat short on detail, so it's hard to tell. A lot of the "new features" listed there won't have any impact on the suitability of the GPU for Go, because they do not change the method of computation (e.g. doubling floating point precision is irrelevant).

Having said that, the "parallel data cache" they alude to may be significant. If this is going to enable the construction of data structures such as linked lists, or bring down global memory access time significantly, then I believe the performance of playout algorithms on the architecture will shoot up.

Christian