Dear all,

 For information, our Taiwanese partners(**) for a ANR grant have organized
public demonstration games between

MoGoTW (based on MoGo 4.86.Soissons + the "TW" modifications developped
                jointly with our Taiwanese colleagues)
         and
C.-H. Chou 9P, top pro player winner of the LG Cup 2007.

This was during a press conference at Taipei around a French-Taiwanese grant
for joint research.

Details:
a) MoGoTW was running on 32 quad-cores(*) in Taiwan.
b) There were two blitz games (15 minutes per side), won by the pro.
c) There was one non-blitz game (45 minutes per side). MoGo was unlucky
      as it was black, but it nonetheless won the game. This game is
enclosed.
     All games can be found on KGS (account nutngo)

Remarks:

a) Fuego won as white against a 9P a few months ago. Therefore computers
have won both as white and black against top players :-)  We now should
win on a complete game like 4 out of 7 games and the job would be
completly done for 9x9 Go :-)

b) MoGo already won a game as black, against Catalin Taranu, but I guess
   the pro, at that time, had played an original opening somehow for fun
   (I'm not sure of that, however).

c) My feeling is that blitz games are not favorable to computers...
Statistics
    are in accordance with this I guess. Humans are stronger for short time
    settings.

d) If I understand well, MoGo won a final semeai in the upper right part.
But,
   nearly everybody on this mailing (except you, Sylvain, maybe, if you
still
   read this mailing-list :-) ?) reads go games better than me, so don't
trust this
   comment :-)

e) The game was longer than most important games I've seen (59 moves).

All comments welcome.

Best regards
Olivier

(*) mogoTW was supposed to run on this 32x4 system, but other platforms were
prepared in case of trouble on this cluster. I'll publish a correction if I
see that the game was not played on this machine.

(**) contributors include all the mogo-people, plus Mei-Hui Wang,
Chang-Shing Lee, Shi-Jim Yen, and people that I only know by their nicknames
(Coldmilk, TomTom...) - sorry for the people I've forgotten, names in
Chinese are difficult for me :-)