On 3/11/2015 4:08 AM, folkert wrote:
... After 3 years of not working on my Go software, ...
First thing I noticed is that it is very slow.  ...
you may want to look at how orego <https://sites.google.com/a/lclark.edu/drake/research/orego> does things, you can find it on github <https://github.com/Orego/Orego>.
So I'm considering rewriting things. ...
i have some code that i have been rewriting a few times.
I read back in the archives of this mailinglist and I read about the
Tromp/Taylor rules. If I implement those, will I really have a program
that plays valid Go and can participate in CGOS maybe even KGS one day?
Because things like KO and suicide etc are missing?
i am missing ko and generalized ko also. i thought chinese rules allowed suicide?

my equipment (stone, board, block, etc.) are in java 8.

i am fooling around with this again because a go player i know wants to play on unusual boards <http://senseis.xmp.net/?UnusualGobans> with unusual topologies (cylinder, torus) and boards with holes <http://senseis.xmp.net/?ProgrammersGoban>.

thanks

thanks

Folkert van Heusden

--
Honesty is a very expensive gift. So, don't expect it from cheap people -
Warren Buffet